Friday 29 April 2011

Marrakesh or not

It isn't what you want to hear a day before you leave is it, suicide bomber hits the building next to your hotel.  Today I will spend fretting regardless of my normal laid back demenour.  If I cancel I lose a bit of money, not enough to lose sleep over, but I have to cancel today else I lose more, and I would lose sleep.  Everyone I ring though just dismisses it, I'm not afraid for my life, don't get me wrong, it's the state of the city, London, Madrid and New York weren't really tourist hot-spots after recent attacks.

Anyway, another off putting factor is amazing weather in Manchester!!

Eventually I will become more literary and write down my thoughts on books, and even include much more poetry and prose, as that is my plan for blogging, but for now I am limbering up - this is my warm up period.  If I go to Morocco however I won't post here till next Friday but be comforted that I haven't given up I'm just visiting North Africa (ha, the fool, I hear you say).  And may I add getting information about travel when there's been an incident isn't easy in this era of world media and 24 hour news.  Even the British foreign office kind of shrugged their shoulders, meh, and said just stay out of that area.  When my hotel is next door to the bombed cafe I doubt that will be possible.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you made it and are safe. Even more potent is the killing of Bin Laden -- could you have timed your trip any better for maximum stress?

    ReplyDelete